Here’s a listicle. It’s about driving instructors in Singapore. You are allowed to use it strictly for reference.
We have also written serious and detailed guides related to this topic:
Bad Habits Level: Common
This forms the basic foundation of all driving instructors, don’t be startled and switch your instructor because of these bad habits they have accumulated over time.
1. Eating in the car
2. Reads the newspaper
3. Keep on dragging your lessons
4. Keep saying you are a bad driver
5. Never remind you to check blind spots
6. Never give exam tips
7. Boasting about his fully filled schedule
8. Keep boasting he has 1000 students waiting
9. Overly sarcastic
10. Can’t pronounce any word properly
Bad Habits Level: Moderate
These habits are still pretty common in many driving instructors, so don’t be alarmed by theses habits as many claim that they are still very alert and professional in their field.
11 Watching videos, surfing the net while teaching
12. Sleeping (Might even snore)
13. Giving instructions too loudly or softly
14. Showing off their skills
15. Always late
16. Jio you to drink coffee during your lesson time
17. Always want to stop at the toilet during your lesson time
18. Overemphasize on safety and passing your TP which make you not “roadsmart”
19. Always cancel your lesson
20. And tell you at the last-minute
21. Or Don’t even inform you until you hunt him down
22. Not showering before the lesson
23. Outsource lessons to friends/other instructors
24. Ask you to drive too slowly
25. Ask you to drive too fast
26. Don’t correct your mistake
27. Don’t want to book circuit with you
28. Book too many circuit lessons with you
29. Messy car.
30. Scolds you for every mistake. Is it even a mistake or is he in a bad mood?
31. Ask you to use your “feel” for everything
34. Stopping for smoke breaks
35. Saying “I have never seen a worse driver than you” to every student
Bad Habits Level: Advanced/Expert (Alert!)
No go. But what choice do you have? You already paid the registration fee and changing to another instructor will just waste you even more time. And the best part: these instructors do know each other and won’t hesitate to boycott you secretly.
36. Ask you to extend your PDL when you have 3 months left
37. End your lesson early and cheat off those few minutes of lesson time
38. But charge you full price
39. Loves his car too much
40. Asking you to take the tests knowing full well you won’t make it (best source of income)
41. Keep talking cock with you
42. Car filled with religious or feng shui related items
43. Keeps staring at you (if you are a girl)
44. Never ask you to look out for safety, lets you drive freestyle, any way you want
45. Subtly cheating lesson time by letting you to drive through long stretches of roads
46. Giving you the wrong orders and then blames you for it after that
47. Manipulating you to book more lessons via the above listed habits to make you afraid and worried about TP test
48. Forgetting your test dates and requires your constant reminders
49. Looks like a nice instructor but has an extremely slow lesson progression. Makes you feel bad to ask him to quicken the pace
50. Doesn’t want to turn up the air conditioning, causing both instructor and student to sweat profusely while driving. And then complains about the weather but still refuses to turn it up.
51. Boast about their 10-40 years of teaching experience (Years of experience = No. of Bad Habits)
More Serious Reads to Ponder Over:
How many points and immediate failures did your driving instructor accumulated? Do let me know and send me his contact number if your instructor is a one with 0-10 points.